Peterson Mechanical Current Openings
The Service Dispatcher schedules and monitors the activities of the Service Technicians and Installers to ensure customer’s service needs are met promptly and satisfactorily; is first point of contact with customers and employees; coordinates work status for service agreements, time and material and service projects; and processes reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes incoming customer calls.
- Schedules and coordinates all service calls; dispatches Service Technicians; manages contingency plans.
- Coordinates time off scheduling.
- Debriefs Service Technicians and Installers after completion of calls.
- Forecasts service workload.
- Contacts customers with “parts pending” status to schedule service call.
- Follows up on pending and recommended work.
- Maintains maintenance agreements, including billing, scheduling and staging of materials, database information and customer hard files.
- Orders parts for special orders.
- Forwards list of parts used for truck restock.
- Updates customer information.
- Obtains and verifies payment methods.
- Prepares service contract proposals and parts and labor quotes.
- Prepares paperwork for warranty parts and processes returns.
- Maintains service invoice log.
- Serves as customer point of contact.
- Other duties as assigned
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Conducts customer surveys.
- Assists HVAC department with shop or duties or deliveries
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year experience in an Driving/expediting position
- General knowledge of construction industry
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff and suppliers
- Strong attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license with clean DMV record and ability to travel the Bay Area
- Flexibility with work schedule. Occasionally required to start early and/or stay late.
- Some experience/knowledge of HVAC systems
There is frequent sitting at stationary position and work station. Manual dexterity required for computer and programming work. There is occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs. Work performed in an office environment with moderate noise level. Reasonable accommodations will be made available.
To apply for this position, send your resume or link to a professional profile to: email@example.com.